Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Music on my mind

How do you get back on the blog wagon after falling off for a while? In my case, you get pushed tagged. Thanks for kicking me in the butt, Fuzzy!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LiveJournal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Here's what I am listening to these days...

Send Me from Keni Thomas / Flags of our Fathers. First of all, the words really resonate right now, as I'm currently reading "Home of the Brave: Honoring the Unsung Heroes in the War on Terror". Secondly, I can sing along (with apologies to Keni) since it matches my voice range.

Across the Sun from Keiko Matsui / Deep Blue. I saw her perform this piece and others from the album here in Seattle at the fantastic Jazz Alley.

Oh How the Years Go By from Vanessa Williams / Next. Listened to this on the ride to the airport the day my mother died. Nuff said.

In the Air Tonight from Phil Collins / Hits. I've been known to kill car speakers with repeated playing of this one at high volume. Why I can still hear is a complete mystery to me!

Rollin' (The Ballad of Big & Rich) from Big and Rich / Horse of a Different Color. Big beat music again - reportedly works well when riding into those remote areas on C-130's, for example.

Regardez-Moi from Celine Dion / The French Album ... fun to sing along with in the car.

Last, and shortest, but definitely not least, there is one item that I listen to frequently at my desk at work. But most importantly, every Tuesday night around 9:04 or so, I love listening to Fired Up, Feels Good -- The Unit style, that is. Gotta go now, the show's coming on ... *grin*