Sunday, April 09, 2006

Birthday meme (3-2-1)

No, it's not my birthday. Go to Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year). List three events, two births and one death, including the year.

I found a lot of entries to choose from - some of them I knew, most I didn't...

Events

1861 - American Civil War: Richmond, Virginia, is named the capital of the Confederate States of America.
1945 - World War II: VE Day. German forces agree to an unconditional surrender.
2005 - The new Canadian War Museum opens, in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of V-E Day.

Births

1884 - Harry S. Truman, President of the United States (d. 1972)
1926 - Sir David Attenborough, British television presenter and producer
1947 - H. Robert Horvitz, American biologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

Death

1988 - Robert A. Heinlein, American science fiction writer (b. 1907)

See there - I had no idea that my favorite sci-fi writer died on my birthday. Cheerfully lifted from Echo9er.