Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shootin' with the Sheriff!

Okay, so I didn't actually shoot with the Sheriff, who is now Congressman Reichert, at the fund-raising event in Bellevue this week. But I did shoot, and got to meet 'n' greet some fellow R's at the Shootin' for Victory event last night in Bellevue. As noted by both John of Argghhh and Dave from Heartless Libertarian, this is my kind of fund-raiser. The chance to go throw lead down range with a group of like-minded folks was too good to pass up!

The donation included dinner (BBQ -- YUMM!), use of the firearms, and 2 boxes of ammunition. Of course, I brought my own guns, including my Ruger Security-Six, and enjoyed shooting it as always. But I really had a nice time shooting my friend Dunnermeister's Ruger GP100. Whooo -- what a sweet handgun --- I was quite happy with the results!

Almost forgot ... I got to meet Dave Workman as well. Any locals who are into firearms should have a copy of Dave's book Washington Gun Rights and Responsibilities. Unfortunately, mine was at home, so I couldn't get it autographed ... *grin*

All in all, a fun event, and a few bucks were raised for the King County GOP. Next on the political agenda --

SEATTLE TIMES DEBATE - WASHINGTON'S EIGHTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CANDIDATES
WHERE: Meydenbauer Center
11100 NE 6th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004
click here for directions and parking info

WHEN: Tuesday October 10th - 7pm
MORE INFO: kellie@davereichertforcongress.com

JOIN US NEXT TUESDAY TO SUPPORT DAVE REICHERT
AS HE DEBATES THE ISSUES WITH DARCY BURNER


I plan to be there to cheer on Congressman Reichert - we conservatives may be surrounded here in King County, but we don't give in!