Thursday, April 05, 2007

Families United petition

The father of a fallen Marine asks for our help.

My name is John Ellsworth and I am the father of LCPL Justin M. Ellsworth U.S.M.C. who was killed in the fight for Fallujah on 13 NOV 2004.

I am the Co-Chair of "Families United for our Troops and their Mission" which is a member of the "America Supports You" network. We are a grassroots coalition of Gold Star families, veterans, families with loved ones in harm's way, and Americans who share a deep appreciation for our men and women in uniform and support them in their efforts to make America safer by winning the War On Terror.

We at Families United have recently started an on-line petition to show support for our troops and will be delivering it to our Congressmen around September 11th 2007. We have received endorsement from the National V.F.W. in this quest for ONE MILLION SIGNATURES!

I am requesting that you provide a link to this important petition on your web site and notification to all of your members to participate in this event. To link directly to this petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-america-petition.html.

I believe that this is too important to ignore any longer and we need to let our troops know America really does support them, even if Congress doesn’t.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me

Repectfully,

John M. Ellsworth,
Proud Father of LCPL Justin M. Ellsworth U.S.M.C.
K.I.A. / Operation Iraqi Freedom
13 NOV 2004 - Fallujah, Iraq


I've already signed -- hope you'll join me. Thanks!!

H/T to Operation Support Our Troops.