Sunday, February 05, 2006

Once a Steeler fan ...

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Finally, after 35 years, Mr. Rooney has his fifth championship ring ...
One for the Thumb.

*** Original post below ***

I haven't watched football regularly since we left San Diego, and our season tickets, behind in '97. But any time the Steelers make it to the big game, I hafta watch. I was born in Pittsburgh, and lived the first 22 years of my life within 40 miles of it.

Through junior high, I didn't pay attention to football, although both my parents were loyal fans. Then little sis and I got these shirts from Uncle Moose - who himself played college ball at Florida State. Figuring out who number 59 was sucked me into watching the games, and the reward was 4 Steeler Super Bowls in 6 years!

So I'll give in to the genetic imperative, and root for the guys in black and gold once again. And if we win, I'm wearing my Dad's old Steeler jacket to work tomorrow!!

GO STEELERS!

Go Steelers!  Beat Seattle!!