Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Home again

In the past 13 days I played some very mediocre golf at some decidedly non-mediocre places. In fact, I can say with confidence that I've recorded triple bogies in some absolutely stunning locales. Luckily for the Hubster, his scores were generally 20 strokes lower than mine!

Here is a picture of the type of awful surroundings I had to endure. (click for larger image)



Bonus points to anyone who correctly identifies the locale and golf course.

Alas, I missed several birthdays while traveling, and will have to 'deliver' some virtual gifts.

Having visited the lovely Okanagan wine country, I think a few bottles for the discerning palate will be perfect for Boquisucio.

For Bill, how about this pair of happy creatures.

For Cricket, I discovered a new (to me) lovely white wine called Ehrenfelser, which will be a delightful accompaniment to your gourmet summer cooking. Bon Appetit!

Now that my project is winding down, and vacation is over, I hope to post a bit more regularly than over the last few months -- including more pics from the travels. I am pleased to note that John has added another blog to the Denizens list. Check out The League of Disgruntled Majors and submit an entry for the Caption Contest. The only downside of all this is that I fall further behind in my blog reading daily!