Thursday, August 25, 2005

This makes my blood boil ...

My heart skipped a beat this morning when I heard that two soldiers recently returned to Ft. Lewis after service in the middle east are in the hospital. Not from wounds received in the war - these men were beaten by thugs in downtown Seattle! My first thought was "Why am I just hearing this, when it happened 3 weeks ago?". But that is a rant for another post.

On July 31st, these two soldiers came to the aid of women who were being harassed by three men animals on 2 legs. At that point the three thugs turned on the soldiers, and proceeded to beat them severely. Not satisfied with knocking them both down, they continued to beat them while they lie on the ground.

There's a video (* update - this link works better for the video *) of part of the event, which graphically shows one of the punks kicking the head of an unconscious man, which makes me see red everytime I watch it.











The police are looking for these men, or any information that can be used to trace them down. Please call the Seattle Police if you have any information that might help.

I'll update this post with more on the status of the soldiers and their names when I find that information.

(Updated to add the missing pictures)