Thursday, October 13, 2005

Answers

The other day I posed a query - what was the odd gun-looking thing, and where was it located. The answer to part one was quickly provided (it only took two comments ... Sheesh!). The second part has eluded my faithful readers, so I wanted to end the suspense for the two or three people who paid attention ... *grin*

The sculpture depicting a revolver with its barrel twisted around itself, and labeled "Non-Violence", was found outside the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland. The grounds of the museum are lovely, and contain several sculptures depicting various sports, such as this :

Olympic Museum

The twisted gun was the only piece I saw that did not depict or relate to sports and the Olympic games, and the rest of the gardens were very enjoyable. But for me, the inclusion of this item tarnished the intent of the garden. Especially when you remember that there are events in the games where guns are used ... *Horrors!*