Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Interview Game - Questions and Answers

Well, I got suckered in by the Interview game, thanks to Sgt B at The Gun Line. What happens is that I will respond to the 5 interview questions posed by the Sarge, and in turn, I'll see if I can convince some other interesting folks to let me interview them. Make sure that you go over to the Sarge's place and check out his interview questions and answers as well !!

THE OFFICIAL RULES:

Leave me a comment saying “interview me”. The first five commenters will be the participants.I will respond by asking you five questions.You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.)

The Questions:

1) If you could be anyone else in Contemporary History, who would you be? Why?

Adm. Grace Hopper , one of the pioneers of modern computing. She did something amazing for anyone, but especially so for a woman, being part of the the creation of the first compiler languages. Many years ago a friend of mine had the pleasure of hearing her speak at a technical symposium, at which she also gave out 'nanoseconds'. These were pieces of wire cut to the length, approx. 1 foot, that a light travels in a nanosecond. She also pulled a 'microsecond' out of her bag to show it off! And heck - how many women do you know with a Guided Missile Destroyer named for them??

2) A benevolent Alien has offered you a ride in its spaceship. Where would you like to go?

I would ask to visit the world(s) that they came from, to see a completely different civilization and culture. I'd also ask to visit any other worlds with life on them, at least to view from orbit.

3) What sound turns you on?

I love the sounds of water falling, pounding and rushing - whether it be waterfalls or waves crashing on the sand. When hiking, I love to find waterfalls and streams. Last year I was hiking back down the Muir Snowfield in Mount Rainier National Park, and I heard the sound of water, but couldn't see where it came from. The snowfield is huge - but there were places where the rocks underneath came through the snow pack. I finally found this stream of rushing ice-cold water emerging from under the snowpack to fall about 35 feet along the rocks, and disappear again under the snow - what a rush!

4) When you arrive at the Pearly Gates, what do you want to hear God say to you?

Welcome - come on inside. The whole gang is here, and they've been waiting for you.

5) What (or who) is your favorite monster? Why?

I don't know that I have an individual favorite - but werewolves are the monsters that fascinate me the most. They are passionate and powerful, and thoroughly in tune with their senses. I love the dual nature of their being, with the wild animal living close under the surface of the human exterior.


There you go, Sarge! Hope you enjoy :-)

Who wants to play next? Just leave me a comment saying "Interview Me" - I'll be gentle ...