Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Gitmo and Moral Equivalence

The whole issue of the treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba has caused me hours of teeth grinding. The reason that I haven't written about it before is that I am honestly stunned at the idiocy of comparing the detention camp to a Soviet Gulag.

I commented on this at Gun Trash's 'Ying and Yang' post the other day :

No friggin' way we should shut it down just because of the whole blown out of proportion MSM crap.

If the holding of these terrorists is righteous (and I happen to think it is), then we Don't Want Them on US mainland soil en masse.

I find the whole story ridiculous, given the incredibly humane treatment those interred are receiving, and the way we are bending over backwards to 'meet their needs'


Luckily, my lack of eloquence and writing skills is more than balanced by these fine folks :

Dusty at Castle Argghhh! had a Couple of Thoughts on the Gitmo Flap, which generated a great discussion in comments yesterday, and follows up today with Gitmo Redux.

Sgt B at The Gun Line reminds us who started the GWOT.

Cassandra at Villainous Company connects several threads in Road To Hell Paved With Moral Equivalence.

Be sure that you follow her link to the Sundries Shack, and review Jimmie's post on the Washington Post column that launched all of the above.