Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Music Meme / JMH

The other day I posted my response to the Music Meme, and referred to some of my selections as "old music", which generated This response ...

Old music????
Last week I was listening to "Gondoliers" and "Iolanthe". 'Take a Pair of Sparkling Eyes' vs 'Never Faint Heart Won Fair Lady'.
And 5.7GB on the ol' iPod, with 12 to go.

Young'ins!

Cheers
JMH


To which I replied ...

JMH -- Don't wave your iPod at me and then sneer "Young'ins!", dude!
In FACT ... why don't you 'take the quiz' and send the list to me - I'll post it for you.


Ladies and Gents, and any others hanging around, I give you the music of JMH ...
*fanfare and flourishes*

Total Volume of Music:
5.72GB in my iTunes collection, although I would claim
50% more if I could get my old stuff out of storage.

Last CD bought:
Purchased "Iolanthe" and "Gondoliers" (Gilbert & Sullivan) at the same time 2 weeks ago.

Top 5 Tunes I Listen To A Lot, or Mean A Lot To Me:
a. "Soldiers of the Queen" marchpast of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians);
b. "God Save the Queen" generally makes me stand to attention;
c. "O Canada" Ditto;
d. "Tannhauser" 3 hours of sing-along music; Yes, I was around when the Beatles started up, but Lennon/McCartney/et al had nothing on Wagner; Moreso with any current/pop stuff.
e. "Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah"- Charlotte Church, London Welsh Men's Choir and LSO.