Monday, June 06, 2005

Rossi chooses not to appeal

I just found this via Sound Politics ...

Rossi won't appeal judge's decision:

THE NEWS TRIBUNE
Published: June 6th, 2005 05:13 PM

Republican Dino Rossi is abandoning his quest to overturn Gov. Christine Gregoire's victory last fall.

The former state lawmaker from Bellevue said he won't appeal today's decision by Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges.

"...With today's decision, and because of the political makeup of the Washington State Supreme Court, which makes it almost impossible to overturn this ruling, I'm ending the election contest," Rossi said.

"Now I don't make this decision lightly. But I don't make it also with bitterness or hard feelings. I continue to believe - and I think most Wasingtonians believe - that mounting this election challenge and shining the light on the various problems in our election system was the right thing to do."


The light has definitely been shed. The cockroaches are dancing under the furniture, though - just waiting to come back out again. Our next job will be to fix the system so that they can't get back in again ... and that is NOT going to be easy.